11 Mart 2013 Pazartesi

1st Term 3rd Exam for 11th grades

Name Surname:
Class  / Number:

A- Read the text and answer the questions. (20 pts)

    Have you ever sat on a beach and cried from happiness? I have.
    Read my emotions and memories with Caretta Carettas. I spent two monts on Wassaw Island (near the coast of Savannah, the USA) doing sea turtle protection and research. It was the most challenging and the happiest experience of my life. The conditions of the island were so challenging that I got exhausted both mentally and physically. Every night I had to stay awake and watch the turtles lay their eggs till morning.
     During the day it was so hot that I couldn’t sleep at all. The reward of a hard week was seeing the turtles coming up from the ocean and observing them. I can’t explain my happiness when I saw the baby turtles. They were so cute that I wanted to kiss them one by one.
   I love the turtles. I love being a part of their survival. I love working to keep their existence. This is what I want to do throughout my life. I want to be a researcher. To me, happiness is helping Carettas!

1- True or False (2 x 5 =10 pts)

a
- _____ Katrina spent a year on Wassaw Island                  
b- _____ Watching the turtles lay their eggs was very tiring.
c
- _____ She slept all day long.                                             
d- _____ Seeing the baby turtles made Katrina very happy.
e- _____ Katrina is planning to work with sea turtles throughtout her life.

2- Match the two halves of Katrina’s thoughts. (2x5=10 pts)

1- _____I was so tired that

2- _____ My memories are so lovely that

3-_____ When I saw the turtles, I was so happy that

4-_____  I want to be a researcher

5- _____ I felt very happy
a- I want tos hare them with everybody.

b- I forgot all my tiredness

c-I wanted to sleep whole day and night.


d- whenI saw the baby turtles

e- because I love being a part of turtles survival.

B-Choose the best option. ( 2 x 40 = 80 pts)

1-     Ostrich is _______ than a horse but it is not _________ animal in the world.
a) fast / faster
b) faster / faster
c) fast / the fastest
d) faster / the fastest




2-     To make a salad, first you have to _______ onions and lettuce then _______ lemon for a good taste.
a) chop / squeeze
b) fry / sprinkle
c) squeeze / chop
d) sprinkle / stir
3-     He ___________ the train because he _________ with his friends.
a) was missing / talked
b) missed / talked
c) missed / was talking
d) was missing / was talking
4-     Jack loves aubergine and leeks. He’s a complete ____________.
a) junk food addict
b) veggie
c) obese
d) bookworm
5-     We ____________ dinner when the doorbell _______.
a) were having / was ringing
b) had / was ranging
c) were having / rang
d) had / rang
6-     When I ________ the door, it ____________.
a) was opening / rained
b) was opening / was raining
c) opened / was raining
d) opened / rained
7-     Jason _________ football two hours ago.
a) was played
b) has played
c) plays
d) played
8-     Your hair is wet. _____ you _____ a bath?
a) did / have                 c) have / had
b) has / have                d) have / have
9-     She _____ unemployed since she left school.
a) has been
b) was
c) were
d) have been
10-   Because of the heavy rain, I _______ well last night.
a) haven’t driven
b) didn’t drive
c) don’t drive
d) wasn’t driving
11-  Look! Someone ______ their handbag in the room.
a) left
b) have left
c) has left
d) was leaving
12-  We couldn’t find any place to sit. The meeting was not  ______ organized.
a) good
b) well
c) bad
d) badly
13-   My father has a ______ car but he drives ______.
a) fast / slow
b)fastly / slow
c) fast / slowly
d) fastly / slow
14-  When my grandfather died, it was a ___ day for us.
a) sad
b) nice
c) badly
d) terribly

15-  It wasn’t an _____ job to find the way without a city map.
a) easily   b) quickly   c) easy   d) expensive

16-  The doctor arrived ________ but the patient has already died.
a) fast
b) quickly
c) carefully
d) easy
17-  When we got home from the stadium we were all very _________.
a) sleepily
b) slept
c) sleepy
d) sleeping
18-  Yesterday, I ________ a strange noise while I __________ TV.
a) heared / was watched
b) was hearing / watched
c) was hearing / was watching
d) heard / was wathcing
19-  Mrs.Dido looked _______ to me after I broke her new computer.
a) sad                          c) sadly
b) angrily                     d) happily
20-  After the accident my father’s face looked really _______.
a) badly
b) bad
c) hard
d) nicely
21-  Her books aren’t in my bag. She __________ at school.
a) has forgotten
b) have forgotten
c) forget
d) forgot
22-   A: Where is Linda?
 B: She ________out . She’ll be here in an hour.
a) went     b) goes       c) has gone     d) was going

23-  A: Is Mary coming to cinema with us?
B: No, she ____________ the film.
a) has already seen
b) already saw
c) has already saw
d) already seen
24-  He isn’t very popular. He has _____ friends.
a) many    b)much   c) few    d) little
 
25-  We must hurry. We have ______ time.
a) many    b) much   c) few   d) little

26-   Backpackers are ______________
a) rich tourists
b) poor tourists
c) Mediterranean countries
d) tourism agents

27-   Steak, beef and fish are all _________
a) fruits      b) vegetables
c) meat       d) drinks

28-  Carlos the Jackal is one of ________________ criminals in the USA.
a) the more danerous
b) the most dangerous
c) dangerously
d) dangerouser than
29-  Danny lives in ____ small village in ____ country of ____ Rome.
a) a / the / the
b) the / a / the
c) a / the / x
d) a / x / the
30-  Our geography exam was easy but  I counldn’t answer ______ question 8.
a) the
b) a
c) an
d) x
31-  I think you behaved very _______. You should think the others.
a) selfishly
b) selfish
c) nicely
d) safe
32-  Yesterday we watched a _________ film. I got _______.
a) bored / boring
b) boring / bored
c) boring / boring
d) bored / bored
33-  Messi absolutely ________ a goal if he _______ in the next match.
a) scores / plays
b) will score/ will play
c) scores / will play
d) will score / plays
34-   The Gobi is _____________.
a) the longest river
b) the biggest island
c) the hottest desert
d) the highest mountain

35-   If Andy and Rebecca _______ the food, Mary and Conor ______ sandwiches.
a) organises / will make
b) will organise / makes
c) organise / will make
d) will organise / makes
36-   My brother loves listening _______ music.
a) loud    b) loudly     c) carefull     d) directly

37-   My father _______ with  me if I ________ this exam.
a) will get angry / fail
b) gets angry / will fail
c) will get angry / will fail
d) gets angry / fail
38-  Moscow was _________ Stokholm. Yesterday both cities were -20 C.
a) colder than
b) the coldest
c) as cold as
d) more cold
39-  _____ Canary Islands is one of ____ most popular tourist spots of ____ Spain.
a) X / the / the
b) the / X / the
c) the / the / X
d) X / the / X
40-  Mr. Argentino ____out. He is stil outside.
a) went
b) gone
c) has gone
d) goes
                   G O O D   L U C  K !
    Fatih BAYEZİT                

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder