11 Mart 2013 Pazartesi

9th Grades English Exam 1st Term 2nd



2012 – 2013 EĞİTİM ÖĞRETİM YILI KARACABEY ANADOLU LİSESİ 9.SINIFLAR I.DÖNEM II. İNGİLİZCE SINAVI
Name Surname  :
Class / Number :

PART I  READING

                Dear Sarah,
           My name is Maria Diaz. I’m sixteen years old and I’m an only child. I’ve got long dark hair and gren eyes. I like rock music, films and motorbikes. But I haven’t got a motorbike. At school, my favourite subjects are English, French and Geography.
            I live in Calpe, on the south-east coast of Spain. Calpe is a small town but it’s very lively. There are three cinemas and lots of discos. My favourite disco is called “Crazy Nights.”They have got good music there and brilliant disk jockeys. There are some great beaches near Calpe. My favourit beach is called Playa del Sol. There is a cafe there where the ice cream is only 100 pesetas! I think that’s about 60 pence in English money.
            My home is in the center of Calpe. Our house is in a busy street between a newsagent’s and chemist’s. Opposite us, there is a big fruit and vegetable market. My school is very near my home. I’ve got lots of friends at school.
            Write soon and tell me about you, your home and your school.
            With best wishes,
                            Maria.

Write if the sentences are T (True) or F (False)   (10 pts)
1-      Maria is sixteen years old. _______
2-      Maria has got a motorbike. _______
3-      Maria hasn’t got any brothers and sisters. ________
4-      Calpe is a small town on the North coast of Spain. ________
5-      There are three cinemas in Calpe. ________
6-      Crazy Nights is the name of her favourite CD. ________
7-      Maria doesn’t like beaches. ________
8-      There is a supermarket opposite her home. ________
9-      Maria’s school is very near her home. ________
10-  Maria has got lots of friends at school. ________

PART II  GRAMMAR

A) Fill in the blanks with IN – ON – AT or X  (
2x10=20 pts.)
1-      Let’s meet _______________ Sunday afternoon.
2-      Tina got married ___________ April.
3-      Tuna is studying Maths _________ Gazi University.
4-      Please meet me __________ the station.
5-      Can you play tenis ________ next Sunday.
6-      Our names are ________ the bottom of the page.
7-      Our concert is ________ September 17.
8-      There is a table ________ the middle of the room.
9-      Is there a photograph ________ the newspaper?
10-  Mary telephones us ________ every Monday.

B) Complete the blanks with; ‘below / above / in / under / next to / in front of / between / on / at’  (
2x10=20 pts.)
1-      There is a poster ____________ my bed, on the wall.
2-      Jane is wearing a golden ring ____________ her finger.
3-      There is a florist ______________ the bank and the bakery.
4-      There are two floors. Mary lives on the second flor. Susan lives ____________ Mary.
5-      There are a lot of stars ______________ the sky.
6-      We have a house ______________ the end of the street.
7-      The teacher is ______________ the board now.
8-      I’m wearing a bloe shirt ______________ my jacket.
9-      There are some cows ______________ that field.
10-  Bob and Albert are deskmates. Bob sits ______________ Albert.



C) Complete the sentences with ‘Who / What / Where .. etc.’ (2x10=20 pts.)

1-      “ _____________ likes playing tenis?” “Alice”
2-      “______________ do you brush your teeth?” “ Three times a day.”
3-      “______________ brother is a basketballer?” “Tom’s”
4-      “______________ does she go to school?” “On foot”
5-      “______________ are you crying?” “Because I’m sad.”
6-      “______________ does she get up in the morning?” “at 7:40”
7-      “______________ is the name of the dog?” “Rufle”
8-      “______________ can I put these boxes?” “on the floor”
9-      “______________ do you go to the cinema with?” “Bill”
10-  “______________ Money have you got?” “20 pence”

D) Put the verbs in Present Continous (I’m watching) or Present Simple (I watch)  (2x10=20 pts.)
1-      You can turn off the TV. We ______________ (not/watch) it.
2-      Jill is very tired. She ______________ (want) to sleep now.
3-      My brother always ______________ (go) to school on foot.
4-      This is an east question. Why _________ you ___________ it? (not/understand)
5-      Look! A little girl ______________ (play) in the garden.
6-      How much ­­­­­­_________ it ___________ (cost) to buy in a flat in İstanbul?
7-      “Excuse me, but you ______________ (sit) in my place.”
 “Oh, I’m sorry.”
8-      John ______________ (have) a shower at the momentç
9-      “Have some tea?”
“No,  thanks. I ______________ (not/drink) tea.”
10-  Why are you under the table? What ______________ you ______________ ? (do)

PART III  VOCABULARY
E) Cirle the different one (1x10=10 pts)

  1. a) salutation                b) sender                     c) recipient                  d) education
  2. a) navigation              b) direction sign         c) toystore                  d) compass
  3. a) next to                    b) addict                     c) behind                    d) in front of
  4. a) always                    b) usually                    c) never                       d) at the moment
  5. a) children                  b) men                        c) women                    d) students
  6. a) help                        b) interesting              c) easy                        d) difficult
  7. a) ballerina                  b) conductor               c) director                   d) celebrity
  8. a) Japanese                 b) Irish                                    c) Chinese                   d) Canada
  9. a) slim                         b) curly                       c) wavy                       d) blonde
  10. a) shopper                   b) discount                 c) culture                    d) saving

PART IV  SPEAKING
Put the dialogue into the correct order.

Jane: Oh, yes. I can see the book shop. (A)
1-      ________       6-  ________
2-      ________       7- ________
3-      ________       8- ________
4-      ________       9- ________
5-      ________       10- _______

 
Man: Yes, the bank is the opposite the bookshop. (B)
 Jane: Thank you very much. You’re very helpful. (C)
Man: Oh! Look, there is a car park behind the newsagent’s. (D)
Jane: Where’s the bank, Jack? (E)
Jack: Can we park our car here? (F)
Jack: I don’t know. Let’s ask that an in the newsagent’s. (G)
Man: OK. There is a post Office next to the bookshop. (H)
Jane: Excuse me, is there a bank near here? (I)
Jack: Thank you. Where can we get some stamps? (J)



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder